With this type of hardwood floor it is finished in a factory setting, ready for the homeowner to install. There are several advantages to choosing this type of flooring, which include:
• More durable because the finish is done using a substance called aluminum oxide which is harder than the polyurethane finish that is used on unfinished hardwood floors. These types Hardwood Flooring: Eco-Friendly and Economical Hazen AR 72064 of floors are less likely to dent or scratch giving the floors a good looking finish for many years unlike unfinished hardwood floors that have to be refinished every few years.
• Easier to install because the floor is installed and can be used the same day it was installed. With unfinished hardwood floors they have to let the wood Hazen AR 72064 acclimate, install it, stain it, and let it dry before it can be finished, which can take several days.
• Give a better look than hardwood that is unfinished because prefinished hardwood floors come in a variety of sizes, textures, colors, and styles so the homeowner can choose the look that is right for them.
Choosing the right prefinished hardwood floors
When Buying Oak Hardwood Flooring? The 5 Things You Absolutely Need ... Hazen AR 72064 you are looking at prefinished flooring options there are several things that you should keep in mind.
• Children-you should keep in mind the ages of any children in the house because different ages can create different challenges. For example, if you have toddlers the hardwood floor should be easier to clean and more stain resistant. If you have teenagers you Hazen AR 72064 might want flooring that is more scratch resistant. The main thing is to choose a floor that will last, especially if you are not planning to sell your home.
• Type of wood and color-when looking at the color of wood for your prefinished hardwood floors look at the wood currently in the home and try to make sure that Hazen AR 72064 all colors contrast or coordinate if there is not an exact match.
• Ease of installation-if you are planning to install it yourself you should choose that type that snaps together or glues down as you will not need as much technical skill. Some retail stores will offer reduced or free installation.
• Price-this is a very important factor, especially Hazen AR 72064 if you have a budget. Yes, you want a quality prefinished hardwood floor that will hold up to wear and tear and last but you should have a price range and try to stick with it. Some even offer payment options if you cannot find the right flooring in your price range
Make sure that you check out several flooring and Hazen AR 72064 home improvement stores before making your decision to ensure that you are getting the best deal on your new on the flooring options you want to choose.